Friday 23 February 2018

Allbeauty 'Detox and Calm' Beauty Box Review



Hello again my honeys,

I'm really excited for today's post, as I'm reviewing a beauty box for the website Allbeauty. The box has just launched, and it retails for £25 (with two day free delivery), despite the contents being worth over £60. As I love any beauty boxes, I was thrilled to have the opportunity to be gifted it before the actual release date - and to be able to let you all know how I got on with it!




The Allbeauty boxes are released seasonally, meaning that there will be three more coming out this year with individual themes; this box's purpose is to bring 'a selection of products to detox, relax and renew'. This appealed to me greatly, as if you follow me on Instagram then you probably know I've been embracing more natural and detoxifying beauty products lately. So, let's talk about what's in the box...

(The shine on this is really bad, I know, I'm sorry. The missing letters say 'TINE', if you hadn't guessed already)

Gatineau Perfection Ultime 'Retexturizing Beauty Cream'
Sample size 15ml - worth £12.90

This is the only product in the box that wasn't cruelty-free, hence I thought I'd quickly mention it first. I didn't use it due to being against animal testing, but I gave it to my mum to try instead. her feedback was that it was very quick to sink into her skin, and left her face feeling fresh. She did, however, admit that out of all the moisturisers she has tried (ranging from £5 to over £70) she has never really seen too much difference between them. This would explain why her review is not the most detailed, but she did say that enjoyed the hydration provided and the scent!


Manuka Doctor 'ApiNourish Overnight Lavender Mask'
Full size 50ml - worth £24.99

I have one word for this product. Miracle. Honestly, I would mostly be recommending you purchase this beauty box just for this one full-sized item (which alone only costs a penny less than the entire box of products, making this box a steal). I have extremely dehydrated, sensitive, eczema-prone skin that can be a nightmare to look after at times, and I had just had a bit of a rash flare up on the night I first used this mask. I applied a thin layer, and my skin drank it up immediately, which I love as it prevents product from being left sitting on my face and then being lost on my pillow. The soothing lavender scent was pleasant to sleep with, and my skin felt hydrated. The next morning, I was shocked to see how much my skin had improved over night! I've never seen anything like it before: my eczema had completely cleared, and my skin felt soft and moisturised all over. My foundation applied without sticking to any dry patches, and my skin tone looked a lot more even than normal. This mask also claims to reduce dark under eye circles, however I didn't see that effect when I used it. As you probably know by now, though, I have ridiculously dark under eyes so I wasn't really expecting to. It might work for someone who is dealing with dark circles due to sleep deprivation, but not because of thin skin and dark pigmentation like myself.


The Organic Pharmacy 'Detoxifying Seaweed Bath Soak'
Special edition size 60g - worth £10.00

I'm not a huge fan of baths in all honesty, but I did soak some of this in warm water whilst showering and the aroma left me feeling calm and energised. It has a strong, bright peppermint scent that almost wakes up the system, and a little goes a long way. I've heard a lot of positive things about peppermint to destress, and I think that this product could be perfect for this purpose. If you are someone who finds baths relaxing, then this would work even better for you - the seaweed and detoxifying minerals would really benefit your skin!


Regenerate 'Original Toothpaste'
Travel size 14ml - worth £2.50


I have never seen a toothpaste so full of glitter before. It shimmers, I love it! This toothpaste aims to strengthen enamel, and I was actually really pleased to see that, as my teeth have started to give me problems lately for some reason. I love the flavour of this; a sweet mint that doesn't burn (I'm aware that 'burn' sounds a bit dramatic, but I did mention having sensitive skin and my lips are included in that!) and leaves my mouth feeling fresh and clean. I would definitely repurchase this product, it's my favourite style of toothpaste and very affordable.


(Apologies again about the quality of this photograph. I rushed taking these and i'm not exactly brilliant at taking pictures to begin with)

Decleor 'Aroma Confort Body Milk'
Travel size 50ml - worth £9.00

I'm a bit impatient when it comes to moisturising my body, and so I was pretty impressed by how quickly this product allows me to do it. The texture is quite runny, allowing it to glide over the skin, and the scent is mild and sweet. It hasn't irritated my skin at all - which, again, is a rarity - but has left it quite soft and supple. It also sank in really quickly so that my skin wasn't left feeling sticky when I put on clothes after it and got into bed, which, in my opinion, is one of the worst feelings ever. I've definitely enjoyed using this product, it's just a shame about the small size. I would say I could get maximum four uses out of this.


Bomb Cosmetics 'Handmade Lime & Dandy Soap Slice'
Full size 100g - worth £2.99

This soap is incredibly cute to have sitting in the bathroom, and has a zingy, refreshing scent. My favourite thing about this is that it isn't drying - it contains a mix of oils which leave the skin moisturised. I love to use bar soaps to clean my brushes and makeup sponges, and this left the bristles feeling really soft. At such a cheap price, this soap definitely gets my approval - and it's vegan too, so that's a bonus!


The box also contained a couple of deluxe fragrance samples from Versace and Calvin Klein. At random, the boxes contain either a skincare or haircare sachet: mine had this Novex argan oil shampoo. As I have curly hair that has a tendency to frizz, I generally try to stay away from sulphates, which this shampoo contains. Nonetheless, I gave it a go anyway. I found it left my hair the same as normal, to be honest. As well, this sample didn't actually contain enough product for me so I had to mix it with my regular shampoo. But it's a tiny sample and I remembered to get use out of it, which in some ways is all that matters. I tend to find samples like this lying in the dust behind my bed about 8 months after receiving them...

Thank you so much for reading this, and I hope it has inspired you to check out the Allbeauty 'Detox and Calm' box! If you haven't seen anything you fancy on this post, you might still want to check out their site - they have a huge range of brands, and were named Which? Recommended Online Cosmetics Provider 2017.

Until next time,
Eve xo

Follow me on Instagram
Email me




No comments:

Post a Comment