Thursday 22 September 2016

NurBesten.de Product Review

Hey Honeys! Recently, I was lucky enough to be contacted by Nur Besten (the German storefront of Born Pretty) to review a few of their products. They have a huge selection of makeup, nail art, brushes and more, and I was so overwhelmed I had no idea what to pick out! I went with a few things I knew I would get use out of - and of course I couldn't write up a review without testing their famous 'Mirror Nail Polish'. Mirrored nails have been a huge Instagram trend lately, and this polish helps anyone to master them; it was even featured in Elle! I am also pleased to have come across another cruelty-free nail art brand, as they're surprisingly difficult to find. As usual, I will have all of the products linked, and if you are thinking of making a purchase you can use my 10% off code: EVD10. If enough of you use it, I might get to collaborate with Nur Besten for a giveaway! The picture below is linked to the site as well, and none of these links are affiliated, nor is the post sponsored.






As I mentioned before, this nail polish has received a lot of press recently, and for good reasons. It creates a true mirror effect on the nails and will reflect light perfectly. There are two varnishes purchased together for this effect, a base coat and the mirror coat. My base coat was labelled 'Top Coat' for some reason, but after playing about with it for a bit I realised it's meant to go underneath the silver rather than on top (it creates a much better sheen!). This polish works differently to others and takes a little getting used to, hence why my application is a bit messy. It's a chemical reaction between the two coats that creates the mirrored effect. I really loved the look this created and received plenty of compliments on it. It would be perfect for a night out.

If you do choose to give this polish a go, make sure to let the base coat completely dry. I failed to do this at first and wanted to show how it can go a little lumpy. This product takes a bit of patience, but is totally worth it!


I also wanted to point out that the effect wears off over a few hours. However, as the base coat is completely dry at this point, applying another coat of the mirror polish will create the look again. This time without all the waiting, as the top coat dries in under ten seconds!

This is definitely a product unique to Born Pretty, and I honestly recommend it as I've loved playing around with it, and I've been obsessed with the outcome. 



When I saw this product, I knew I needed it. I had been thinking about getting my hands on a textured silicon brush cleaner for a while, so the opportunity of a heart shaped one? How perfect! This product is super affordable, and with all of the different shapes and sizes of texture it cleans brushes in no time. For this post, I took my densest, most difficult to clean brush (The MakeUp Revolution 'Ultra Contour') which was covered in cream contour and foundation and used my new product to clean it. I was finished in under three minutes.

As you can see, this brush was a mess before.

After, it looked almost new! And there was no product stuck deep inside the bristles, either, a problem which I come across often.

I love this little heart, and I think that everyone should have one! It makes brush cleaning quick and painless, and at such a cheap price with free shipping, what's not to love?

Mink Lashes in 019


The site has tonnes of false eye lashes; multipacks, singles, black ones, brown ones, colourful ones, natural ones, all extremes - they have something for everyone. I decided to go for a typical wispy pair, the Mink Hair Lashes in number 19. Unfortunately, since receiving these I haven't really had an opportunity to wear them, as I prefer to save falsies for special occasions and stick to mascara the rest of the time. I didn't really want to break out a new pair for a normal day and so decided to keep them, I hope you understand! I can tell, however, that for the affordable price these lashes are good quality. They're very soft, and have a strong curl to them, and the size and feel imply that they are well made. I will of course update you if I'm disappointed, but I can't imagine that being the case.

That completes another blogpost, I hope you enjoyed reading! I really hope you do take time to check out some of these products, as I've been really enjoying them. Thanks to Nur Besten for sending me these products and for showing support to my blog, and thank you for reading!

Speak soon,
Eve xo




No comments:

Post a Comment