Thursday 22 October 2015

Morphe 35N palette - Review and Swatches

Hey Honeys, today my Morphe palette that I ordered arrived. I wanted to get free shipping to the UK, but the only website I could find had a limited amount of palettes, and my favourite one that they had in stock was the 35N. It's entirely matte - which should be better for my hooded eyes any way - and although I would like to try a few satin and foil shadows, I have to say I love the range of colours. I'll be able to get loads of looks out of this palette!
As I was looking online before my package arrived I realised that not many people have swatched or reviewed this palette, so I was struggling to see if the colours were any good. This is why I chose to do it for you all today!


Row 1
This first row is made up entirely of highlight shades. So while they don't look incredibly pigmented, you have to remember that I'm pale. The first shadow looked lovely on as a brow bone highlight. 

Row 2

The third shade in this row was a little bit chalky, but they're all amazingly pigmented. The pink stands out from the other colours and the orange is a really pretty burnt shade.

Row 3

I really love this row, as the salmon pink colours are really pretty and would make amazing transition shades. These colours would be great for a light, natural, every day look. I'm not so sure about the grey, which seems a little out of place. The rest of the palette is warm toned, but I guess it's just a case of including as many colours as possible.

Row 4


The first 3 of shades in this row were less pigmented and not as much product came off onto my finger as the others. I have a feeling that they'll be more difficult to blend, too. However, I love the deep plum shades in this row, they're perfect for this time of year!

Row 5
This row is all dark, smoky shades, and it's incredibly pigmented. The second one, as you can see, is a little chalky, but the rest are fine. The last two look like the same colour in the pan, but when swatched, one is less intense. 

Overall, I'm really excited to start working with this palette! It's pigmented, it's varied, and it's full of beautiful autumnal shades. I'll let you all know what looks I come up with using this, but I'll definitely be looking towards Morphe more...a couple of brushes and a palette isn't enough! I'm hoping they get the 35O palette back in stock soon, I'll order that one from their website no matter how much it costs. 

I hope that this post helped someone out there - maybe you're looking for reviews in the same way I was. 

Speak soon,
Eve xo

No comments:

Post a Comment