Thursday 26 May 2016

How Much Does my Face Cost?

Hey honeys! As always, I've been MIA on here but I do have an excuse - it's exam season. Even though I leave everything until last minute, I've still had a lot of homework and unfortunately blogging has fallen to the bottom of my priority list. If you follow my Instagram then you'll know that I do update on there a lot more often (and I recently reached 1K! Enter my giveaway here, it features a few of the products in this post), so I'm not entirely falling behind! Anyway, a tag that I've taken a lot of interest in lately is the 'How Much Does my Face Cost?' tag. I was so pleased to see one of my lovely followers Maecee do this on YouTube (watch here), and tag everyone who wanted to take part. Therefore, I have an excuse to do my own! Hopefully she allows me to change it slightly from a video to a blogpost. As usual, I tag anyone else who is interested.
So, basically this tag is adding up the cost of each makeup item on your face. I'm wearing my simple, every day make up at the moment, so we'll just go with that one!


Face:

Recently I've been wearing the Catrice 'Even Skin Tone Beautifying' foundation. It's my new favourite, so dewy and hydrating. My last post, which was oh-so-long-ago was actually a review of this, but I've grown to love it so much more since then! I paid in euro what roughly translates to around £7. Cheap enough right? Wait until we get to the concealers. Yes, not just one concealer, but two. That's what my panda eyes require. 
I always wear my NARS 'Radiant Creamy Concealer' as it's the only thing that truly covers my under eye circles, but I tend to find it a little cakey to conceal blemishes and highlight my face. I wish that today I had went for my Seventeen concealer,  but I actually chose my Urban Decay 'Naked Skin' one. Meaning that on top of the £21 that my NARS concealer cost, I'm also adding on £17.50. Nice. 
To set these products down, I use the RCMA 'No Colour' powder, which I can assure you is worth the hype. This cost me about £8 I think? Every website offers this at a different price, and I didn't really care so long as it was in stock. Powders are always a cakey mess on my skin, so when I heard bloggers with dry skin talking about their love for this, I had to get my hands on it. 
I do like to spray my face with a bit of the Urban Decay 'All Nighter' setting spray after I've applied my cheek products, as it soaks up any excess powder and intensifies hilghlight. It also keeps my make up in place all day, for a price of £23. 

Brows:

I've been obsessed with the NYX 'Brow Gel' of late, which costs £5.50. I set it with the Catrice 'Brow Filler' which is around £5. This creates a beautiful feathery brow effect, without setting me back too much!

Cheeks:

I really love all make up, but I do have a soft spot for cheek products. I have such a baby face that I hate going anywhere without contouring! I switch up my cheek products all the time to keep them in rotation, but today I'm wearing my favourites. To bronze I used the 'Milk Chocolate Soleil' from Too Faced, which is £25. Oh dear. This isn't heading in a good direction, when my bronzer alone costs that much.
To contour I actually just used a shade from the Make Up Revolution 'Golden Sugar' blush palette, which costs £6 for six blushes. It's a really good deal, I love this palette to bits. Since I'm wearing a natural look today, I didn't bother with a blush. If I had, it probably would have been one of the shades from that palette, as they're shimmery and not too intensely pigmented, and I don't like a strong cheek colour. 
I did, however, use a lot of highlighter. I always do. Currently I'm loving the Make Up Revolution 'Ultra Baked Highlight' in Peach Lights for the centre of my face, since it's super soft and creates a glow from within without reflecting too much. It costs £3. Then, for my cheekbones, I go all out with the 'Mary Lou-Manizer' by The Balm. This is a bit more painful on the bank account, costing £17.50. It's honestly worth it  for a metallic, champagne glow!

Eyes:

I kept it so simple today. I just used the shade Milk Chocolate from the Too Faced 'Chocolate Bar' palette under my eye and through the crease. This is such a pity, as for the tiny amount of eye shadow I used I have to put up my overall face price another £39. I then tightlined with the NYX 'Tres Jolie' eyeliner in Brown, which costs £9, and applied some Seventeen 'Falsifeye! HD' mascara, which is thankfully only £6.99. 

Lips:

The NYX 'Butter Gloss' in Tirimasu is my current go to for an every day look, as it's long lasting without being sticky. Normally I'm a matte kind of girl, but recently I've been getting into the whole glossy effect, and this particular one is very flattering. It costs £5.50. 

Overall: 

£198.99. I'm in shock. I knew that a lot of my make up was high end, but for an every day simple look this is a bit excessive! It does bring me comfort, though, that for the same products I could probably create a much more dramatic effect, I just chose not to. From now on, I'm going to be a lot more careful about any negative comments I say about my face. After all - it's worth almost £200!

Speak soon,
Eve xo


No comments:

Post a Comment